kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for the Louisiana Hot Sauce Expo and the Louisiana Renaissance Fest -- #atozchallenge

The Louisiana Hot Sauce Expo happens this weekend, April 16-17. The website calls it "a celebration of hot sauce and spicy food."

I found this photo on their Facebook page. Apparently, this man makes hot sauce and wins awards!


When I think of hot sauce, I usually think of Tabasco. A few years ago, I toured Avery Island, where they make Tabasco. Read that post here. We visited again recently, when Bob's sister and brother-in-law visited us. I can tell you, they have made some wonderful improvements. If you haven't been there in awhile, I encourage you to visit again. Jungle Gardens, adjacent to the Tabasco Factory, is worth the trip, too.


Lately, our son Andrew has me enjoying Sriracha sauce.


And I also think of a Dr. King White, a Lake Charles cardiologist. He has a hobby of making hot sauce from peppers he grows in his backyard garden. I had the pleasure of meeting this man when I wrote a story about him for Lagniappe magazine several years ago. And I'm still using the bottle of hot sauce he have me!


L is also for the Louisiana Renaissance Fest in Hammond, La. Andrew attends Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, but we have not attended this medieval festival, which takes place every weekend in November and the first two weekends in December. 

Ren-Fest Fun

Ren-Fest Fun

Ren-Fest Fun

See their website for more terrific photos! I had a hard time choosing a few. 

Have you been to a Renaissance festival? What was your experience? And do you have a favorite hot sauce?

No comments: