kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Prime Cuttery

So, there's a new eatery in town, and you know me. I love to try new places. I had heard a few reports on Prime Cuttery, all positive, and was eager to check it out. I'm not a huge fan of hamburgers, but every once in awhile . . .


I had no idea what to expect, but I guess I had in mind something a bit more restaurant-like. It's actually more of a meat market with amazing-looking steaks, sausage, boudin and take out sandwiches. There are only a few tables for dining in.

We arrived at 6:00 for dinner and they were closing just as we got there! But the gentleman who seems to be in charge (I didn't catch his name) was so kind. He re-fired up the grill and fryer just so we could eat there. He said they are extending their hours to 7:00 starting next week.

The burger was quite good and worth the wait. Nearly a half pound of certified Angus beef, lean, but with a small amount of pork belly mixed in for some fat and juiciness. The bun was unique and hard to describe -- firm yet soft, crispy on the outside, but fresh on the inside. Reminded me of a French baguette in a hamburger bun shape. There are three choices of cheeses -- american, swiss, or provolone. And they'll put whatever toppings on you want. I have eaten the exact same variety of hamburger consistently since I was a kid. Ketchup, mustard, and pickles. Period.

The fries were good, too.

We were told the menu will soon expand to include fresh seafood. They also offer several poboy sandwiches. The restaurant has only been open a few weeks, and like most brand new places, they're working out the kinks. Located at 3505 Country Club Rd., it's a bit out of the way unless you live in South Lake Charles. Maybe wait a couple weeks, then give Prime Cuttery a try. If you like big burgers, you won't be disappointed.

Have you been to any new restaurants lately?

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

I guess I shouldn't be reading this at 10 PM. It's making me hungry! It sounds delicious.