kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Thursday, June 4, 2015

National Doughnut Day 2015

In honor of National Doughnut/Donut Day today, I'm reposting my mom and pop donut shop post from 2009. You can read it here.

I don't know about the local donut scene, but the big chains, Dunkin and Krispy Kreme, are giving away free donuts today. Check out this link for details.

Interestingly, neither of these chain stores exist in Lake Charles. With all the fantastic privately owned donut shops in and around town, we don't need the corporate confections!

One of my favorite local donut shops that I had not yet discovered in 2009 is Delicious Donuts on Country Club Rd. They indeed have something akin to the bear claw I mention in my 2009 post. They are also well known for their shrimp and crawfish kolaches and king cakes during Mardi Gras season.

One of my favorite donuts is a raised donut with maple icing. It reminds me of my Grandma Drummer's cinnamon rolls. What is your favorite?

Have a SWEET day!

2 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

I'm not a fan of doughnuts, except I do love the freshly made ones at The Grand Concourse. They have this nifty doughnut machine that makes them right before your eyes. They come out at the end, and you pick up the hot doughnut and roll it in cinnamon sugar and then eat it. The freshest doughnuts ever!

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

That sounds delicious, CHM!