kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pho Saigon

Food plays a vital role in the fabric of any culture. Locally, traditional southwest Louisiana restaurants abound. But lately, I've noticed our multicultural dining diversity expanding. For years, Pho Tien on Nelson Road has been the go-to place for Vietnamese cuisine in Lake Charles. But there's a new Pho in town. And it's worth a visit.


Pho Saigon is located at 1815 N. Martin Luther King Hwy. They don't seem to have a website, but I did find this American Press article from last November. The day I was there, I suspect they hadn't anticipated a crowd at lunchtime and were caught off guard. So I suggest you don't go there if you're in a hurry. But the food is good and reasonably priced.

I was there with several friends. Below are a few items we ordered. I had this pork and vegetable sandwich and would have preferred a bit more stuff inside, but the stuff that was there was good.


A few girls at my table ordered this dish. They all liked it, but added sauces to spice up the noodles.


This beef soup was the best-looking dish on the table. When I go there again, I'll get this.


What interesting restaurants have you eaten at lately?

No comments: