kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014

To my regular readers, I apologize for not keeping up with my blog as often as I usually do. I love to travel and explore and share my adventures with you. Presently, the primary "adventure" in my life revolves around real estate. We are in the middle of a slow-motion move from Moss Bluff to South Lake Charles. Between keeping the current home "show-ready" and working on getting the new home move-in ready, there's little time for leisure and entertainment.

Though we did see Journey and the Steve Miller Band last night in the Woodlands, Texas.

In honor of Memorial Day, I'm re-posting this one from 2012 about one of my favorite Lake Charles' traditions -- Avenue of the Flags.

2 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

I can imagine that doing all that moving stuff is tedious and time-consuming. I'm glad you have found some time for fun!

It was good to see your photos of the Avenue of the Flags again. Up here, for the first time in many years, our household was not involved in placing flags in the cemetery. But the current Boy Scouts got the job done.

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

The flag count is now up to 921, according to someone who usually helps put them up.